Each year, roughly 30,000 cases of Lyme Disease are reported to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention; it is estimated that this represents a small portion of actual cases of the Disease. Methods of diagnosis and treatment have been, for the most part, inadequate at speaking to the complex needs of these patients.
Established in 2015, the Johns Hopkins Lyme Disease Clinical Research Center, under the direction of Dr. John Aucott, is committed to addressing this pressing health issue by:
- Accelerating research that brings the finest tools of scientific research to patient care.
- Educating physicians and the public about Lyme Disease and Post-treatment Lyme Disease Syndrome.
- Developing academically affiliated Lyme disease research clinics in communities where Lyme disease care is delivered.
- Creating a clinical database and conducting research by examining patients’ initial diagnosis and treatment of Lyme disease in the community practice of medicine.
How can you help?
You can donate by using our Lyme Disease Clinical Research Center Online Giving Form.
Philanthropic support generosity allows the Center to investigate new methods for the diagnoses and treatment of Lyme Disease. Private support is a flexible income resource that creates opportunities to develop novel therapies and approaches to research. There are many ways to support the Center:
- Make a financial gift in honor of a physician or in memory of a loved one.
- Donate to a specific research or clinical project.
- Contact the Johns Hopkins Office of Gift Planning (1-800-548-1268) to include The Johns Hopkins Lyme Disease Clinical Research Center in your estate plans.
How can your financial gift make a difference?
Your financial contribution works in many ways:
- It moves our scientists and physicians closer to discovering new tools for early diagnosis, novel treatment approaches and the ultimate discovery of a cure
- It supports efforts to improve quality of life for our patients
- It helps the Center acquire essential equipment and laboratory supplies
- It funds patient education.
- It supports a fellowship to train Lyme Disease researchers and clinicians.
How can you make a financial gift?
Tax-deductible donations supporting the work of The Johns Hopkins Lyme Disease Clinical Research Center can be sent to the following address:
The Johns Hopkins Lyme Disease Clinical Research Center
5200 Eastern Ave, Suite 355
Mason F. Lord Building, Center Tower
Baltimore, MD 21224
Checks should be made payable to Johns Hopkins University. Please indicate in the memo section of the check that the donation is in support of The Johns Hopkins Lyme Disease Clinical Research Center.
For gifts of appreciated securities or for wiring instructions, or any other questions regarding philanthropic support of the Center, please contact:
Johns Hopkins Department of Medicine Development office
We thank you for your support!