Now in its 10th year, this two-day symposium has been planned for the providers who care for patients with rheumatic disease. Given the wide variety of rheumatologic disorders, and an ever-increasing number of diagnostic procedures and treatment options, it is necessary to provide clinicians with information about strategies for the early diagnosis of these conditions, novel state-of-the-art diagnostic tools, and opportunities to utilize the most effective treatments to ensure optimal patient outcomes.
Who Should Attend
This activity is intended for rheumatologists, internists, gerontologists, orthopedic surgeons, nurses and other allied health professionals involved in the care of patients with rheumatic diseases.
After attending this activity, the participant will demonstrate the ability to:
• Discuss treatment strategies in systemic lupus erythematosus.
• Review uses and techniques in ultrasound for rheumatic diseases.
• Discuss the use of current and emergent biologic agents in the treatment of rheumatoid arthritis.
• Discuss current treatment in the management of osteoporosis.
• Identify viral and infectious considerations in patients treated with biologics.
• Appraise current management approaches in the diagnosis and treatment of spondyloarthropathies, including PsA.
• Recognize otolaryngologic issues associated with rheumatic diseases.
• Review treatment strategies in the rheumatic patient with pulmonary complications.
The Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
Credit Designation Statement
The Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine designates this live activity for a maximum of 17.25 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC) accept AMA PRA Category 1 Credit ™from organizations acredited by the ACCME.
American Association of Nurse Practitioners (AANP) acceptes AMA PRA Category 1 Credit ™ from organizations accredited by the ACCME.